Prevention is important, but when your child is sick, there is nothing more important than diagnosing and treating that illness. That is why we never turn away a sick child.
- PMG offers same day sick visits six days a week. We simply ask that you give us a phone call first, and we will work you into our schedule Monday – Saturday.
- Our nurses are always available over the phone to discuss symptoms and to determine if an appointment is needed. A nurse may first triage your child’s symptoms if it is late in the day to determine if a same day appointment is needed or if the illness can wait until morning. Please know that we have been known to stay well past business hours for truly
- Our pediatricians do not like to call out a medication without assessing the child. This is in the best interest of your child because what might look like a cough and cold might actually be a pneumonia or asthma; these conditions might be missed if the doctor does not physically evaluate your child. So, please understand that meds will not be called out over the phone. We ask that you keep this in mind when using our after-hours call
- Please bring the physical bottles for any medication your child is taking to all appointments. This includes asthma and ADHD follow ups.
- All patients can take advantage of our Saturday hours at the Phenix City Children’s office. Every Saturday, the Phenix City office is open 9-1 for sick visits only.